2010 Branson Reunion

Monday, December 1, 2008

Gods blessings


Here is our new door. Some of the member and friends, who were there to help before church.

This is after we cleaned up a little....The books were in the closet on the other wall.

Just wanted to show how close the car came from our bed that night. Also the dresser that got thrown across the room.

Thought mom and the 2 kids would like this one....this is were you would have been sleeping. when we lifted the door up we found a major beam (that supported the house). So that would not have been a pretty picture. (not that this is a pretty picture ha!)

The view from outside.


So marie, to answer your question. I have not been on here for a week becuase I have been going crazy getting phone calls and giving phone calls and moving stuff to our hotel to live. I really have not had a moment. I take that back...last sunday night (the day this happened) I posted these pictures and a long explanation of the whole thing..then it didnt post...so i got upset and got off.

To update everyone...the drunk driver reported his car stollen....so we are out $1,000 dollars for a stupid deductible. We are going to try to fight it, and no doubt our home insurance will. We are going to be in a hotel for the christmas season. It is sad..but also good....we have a made!!! She makes our beds and cleans our dishes and cleans the toilets and washes the towels...EVERY DAY!!! So that is really nice. We also have free breakfast and most the time free dinner. Since I am talking good stuff, all the carpet in our house is going to be replaced!!!

We are getting crash beams put up in our yard between the house and 12th street (where the cars can enter from)...so I can sleep without wondering if I am going to die!!!

We are all still shock up pretty bad....Trevor is reall really stressed...as am I but he has a better excuse.

For those who dont know why I called this Gods blessings....We are all alive...there could have been so many things that could have happened and didnt. I Know without a dought that Heavenly father loves me and is watching out for each and everyone of us. Mom I am so glad you werent there with the kids. I am so glad this happened now and not in 6 months when we had baby in that room. I am so glad we didnt but Jarvis's bedroom in that room. I love you all and am glad to have a family like you.

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow. Wow.

Were you renting or did you own it?

jamielynn said...

i'm so glad to hear you are all ok and i hope that guy has to end up paying!! but on the upside i love living in a hotel so maybe you will enjoy it too:)

Sarah said...

Truly a blessing. I can't believe how close he came to your bed! Had he come in at a different angle the effects woudl have been much different. I'm so glad no one was hurt.

Anonymous said...

Man oh man! It is hard to realize how bad this was/is until you see the pictures. (I'm sure if we could see it in person it would be much worse.) Is your house going to be structurally sound?

Ashley said...

We are so glad you guys are ok. We wish we could be there to help. We will see you at Christmas though :)

Anonymous said...

Jewelly, this is just crazy. The sad thing is he will probably get away with it, and you have to deal with the mess and trauma.

Anonymous said...

Since you are joining the ranks of the "Hotel Dwellers", you could probabaly get tips from Terriann and Jamie on what they do to use the small spaces that are available.

Justin and Marie Chapman Family said...

how long will you be homeless

Grout Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grout Family said...

until Christmas..maybe more.