We decided we would show you the pictures of your Dad's thumb. It is gross but decided that if he could live through it, we could at least see what he had to go through.
As you have probably heard, he got his thumb smashed between the top of a 6x6 post and a 6 foot section of the post he had just cut off.
Sister Otis took him to the hospital and I met him there.
The part you see hanging down was completely separated from the bone. It was flayed almost completely off; just attached by a strip of skin on the other side.
He was in a lot of pain when I got there, but the nurse came and numbed his thumb. Then it wasn't so bad for him.
The second picture is when they were getting ready to sew it up. He has his thumb through a hole in the surgical cloth.
He was amazing to watch. He was so calm through out the whole ordeal, so it kept me that way, also. Did get a little queasy when they started to sew him up, but he stayed very calm.
We are grateful that it was not worse. He didn't brake any bones, so it will heal much faster.
When we think of where that 6 foot 6x6 could have come down, we are extremely grateful.
(But then again, Dad says that maybe it would have knocked some since into him.)
7 comments:
wow that is not something I really wanted to see. That looks like it kinda hurt. I am so glad that it wasnt worse.
dfsahafffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff....... sorry, just passed out on the keyboard.
It looks like it is healing. We are grateful that it was no worse than it was but it was bad enough!
That was a crazy morning~!~~~~ That same morning the dog killed the cat!!!! Mom was all shook up about the cat and dad calls and is like...um want to make your day a little worse...then he told her to meet him at the hospital! It was just crazy!!
Ohmy HECK!!! Poor Uncle Keith!! I'm glad they got it back on. It makes me shudder to think about going through that.
Ok, so Mom's description definitely did not do justice to the injury!!! I'm glad it is healing and it wasn't any worse!
Love you, Caroll
ow...
Post a Comment