2010 Branson Reunion

Sunday, July 25, 2010












jewel asked me to get a dead branch out of her tree, so i climbed up and she handed me the loppers to help me cut away the smaller stuff. i got the branch down but the the loppers fell from the branch they were on and hit my foot. i;m not positive, but judging on how clean the cut was, i would have to say that they were open when they fell, and that the sharp part was the part that hit me! i just thought that the handles has hit me when they fell but i looked down and say all the blood and said, "um, jewel, im bleeding" it was like raining blood out of the tree (says jewel. i could just see the blood left in the tree and it was a LOT!)my foot was all slippery when i tried to get down! I got lots of blood on me as i came down bc of all that had fallen on the leaves and stuff! i wanted a picture before it got cleaned up...trevor wouldnt do it so jewel went and got the camera. i guess she was grossing trevor out with how close she was bc he ended up taking the camera and standing way back to take it. then he ran off to let jewel help me clean it up :) i cont blame him one second tho! it was pretty gross! dad told me to get some crutches so i could stay off it, and yesterday i wore them to SAMS and the lady at the front door offered me an electric chair/cart. hehe i was like an old crippled woman! but it was fun. i got MANY looks from people in the store tho :)

the snail picture is just a snail we found on my last night in hawaii. needless to say, it was HUGE!


I thought u all would enjoy that picture of mom! hehe. shes so funny!


that man in the pic is a friend of the couple (the Richardsons) that i cleaned for in kailua town.....he is a UFC fighter. he was at their house to go train with berton (the man i cleaned for) and berton's UFC! (chris leben is who he trains)this man had the DEEPEST voice ive ever heard! i would have been quite freaked out had i met him anywhere else besides at the richerdson's house!

6 comments:

Justin and Marie Chapman Family said...

oh gross! You just have to have a bad foot for our family reunions dont you. poor ginga.

Glenda Adams said...

hehe!!yes! it was all part of my master plan to have a miserable time in colorado!

Keith said...

I know your foot is doing better because you haven’t called me; you only call when something is wrong. Jewellyn, you did a good job keeping your cool and fixing her up. I remember when I was Glenda’s age, I had a horse bust open my head and tear my right ear lobe half way off, and I had to have my dad take a picture. I had already hosed off most of the mess, but I wanted a picture any way, Glenda must get that from her dad.
It was good to have someone else post, mine has been up for 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you still have 5 toes on that foot! Sorry sweetheart, I hope it is better.
The time your dad got thrown from the horse he was up and on the horse the next day, Caroll, on the other hand, had to make a trip to the ER because of asthma. (because of the smell of the horse that your Dad brought in to the house.)

keithandjanet said...

The blood makes it look like a crime seen. I am glad that it is healing good. I wonder if that man could sing with his deep voice.
Love ya,
Mom

Glenda Adams said...

DAD!!!! i dont mean to only call when something is wrong! i would call you right now to tell u that, but i think its like 1 in the morning there! i'm sorry u think that! i just feel like i have a good excuse to call u when something is the matter! your story about the horse is SO cool! i think i do get it from u! Where is that pic?

mom- that would be SOOO cool if he did sing! BARITONE!

and grandma- thanks. and thanks for the rest of dads story!