I ran for donuts so I missed getting pictures of the hole being dug. When I got back they already had the pole in the ground. They leveled it and put the tight fitting pieces together. It went in so well.
Then they puts the bolts, washers, and nuts into place. The bolts were a little snug so it took a little pounding to get them all the way in.
Then they tightened them up. I don't think that sign will be going anywhere for a long time.
They all took turns cutting off the bolts with the grinder; starting with the Bishop, then Ryan Nicholls, their leader. Then Dale took a turn and then all the other boys did one. Then they sanded the ends of them. Dale touched up some spots with the sealer and they were done.
We had donuts and hot chocolate and everyone posed for a picture.
From left to right- Dale, Ms. Debbie Burks, Joseph, Jacob, Ryan Nicholls, Jeremy, and Bishop Stoll.
This is the other side of the sign. Looks great, I think. I am excited for the job Dale and the boys did. I am, also, excited that it is done. Love ya tons,
Mom
5 comments:
It is so good to see the project finely done, and it looks great. You did a great job Dale, now if your paper work will just go as smooth. I think it would be fun to plan the Court of Honor for when Nickle and I get back from Afghanistan in June, but it is up to you Dale, just let me know.
Awesome! I bet that makes Dale happy! And his parents proud! Mom, tell Dale I said he did an awesome job!
Good job Dale! Good example for your cousins:)
It looks great, you should be proud of yourself.
hey dad... yeah id like to plan the court of honor when ya'll get back... plus it will force Nickle to come back haha
Post a Comment