I personaly feel that my children are my bragging rights and so her goes. David has got to take a couple weeks off school cause of Thanksgiving and his Daddy taking off work. We are going to the discovery center tomorrow and Silver Dollar City later on this week. If I had to count hours I would count both those days toward school though. Anyway time for the bragging. David is half way through his reading book I am not 100% sure of this but I think he is reading at a first grade level now. He loves sounding things out and he does a great job. He can say the first 5 Articles of Faith and about 6 other scriptures. And he knows the history of the world up to the Ministry of Christ (That is the first 5,000 Years just to let you know) and he can skip count his 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10, and 11, (that is basicly his multiplication table but he doesnt know that yet) and can count to 100, and as for the violin he can now play Twinkle Twinkle with the bow and he will have a suprise for you at our Christmas dinner and get together.
Taylor can say the fist 4 articles of Faith and about 6 other scriptures as well, she knows all her colors and is working on her shapes. (we arent doing anything really chalenging yet, she is still little and we will get to her too)
Millie is still scared of standing but if she isnt paying attention you will catch her and when she realizes what she is doing she grins really big at you to say, look at me. You can forget about getting her to take any steps, even with you holding her up. She is such a joy to have.
Justin isnt my child but I am more in love with him then anyone so I think I should brag on him too. He is working out like a mad man, he works out 4 days a week sometimes 5, he even worked out on Thanksgiving. I said "Good grief, dont you ever take a break" He has always been good looking to me, but I must admit, it is really fun to watch him bulk up, and to be proud of himself. (What a Hottie!!!)
5 comments:
Yeah, that is cool. Justin makes me jealous.
That was Trevor...this is Jewellyn!!! MARIE!!! I am jealous of how smart your kiddos are! I need to do better.
It is awesome, Marie. I want all of my children to know that I am proud of you and what you are doing with your lives. I am a blessed mother and grandmother. Love ya, Mom
you are a great mommy too Jewel, and my kids arent any smarter then any of yours it just that now that David is in school I have to do something. I would love to give you tips on things that have helped us with along but they are only things that the Lord has helped me to find, nothing that you cant do too. and I knew that was trevor, I didnt figure you wanted to look like Justin.
I agree with your mom in most things, and this is not the exception. It is a lot of hard work and a big commitment to home school the right way, and it looks and sounds like you are doing it the right way. You make your dad proud.
Love ya,
Dad
Post a Comment