2010 Branson Reunion

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dale leaves for his Mission to Dominican Republic- November 30, 2011

 

Krystal's Baptism

Krystal Owen was baptized on November 26, 2011 by Dale.  The next day she was confirmed and is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Now that Dale is on his mission, Krystal comes to church with Dad and I.  Her sister Ashley has been coming and the two and their mother come to our house for Sunday dinners.  It is good to have such good new friends.  They are a good addition.

Elder VanWagner, Elder Bird, Dale and Krystal.

2011 -Mission departure-  Dale on the Straight and Narrow Path

Dale left for his mission on November 30, 2011.  He was very serious  that morning at 4:00 am.  He took his bags out to the car.  Dad, Nickle, and I followed.  After he  got them in, he went back to the house.  I followed and asked where he was going.  He said that he was going to say good bye to the house and the dog.  I got into the house in time to see him patting Rock, the dog’s head.  He said something like, “You’re stupid, but I love you anyway.”  Then he was off to the car.  When we got there, he grabbed his bags before anyone could help and took off for the airport.  He got the bags checked in and was ready to go, all without saying much or showing much emotion.

2011 Dale's departure of Mission to Dominican Republic

He let me take one picture of him.  I think it was not an easy time for him.  He was very serious until he got picked to have his backpack looked through.  It took them a little while to do that.  He waved and smiled a few times at us. It did my heart good to see the smiles.

As of today, he is loving the gospel studies and working hard at the Spanish.  He will be good at it soon.   We are cheering him on.

He leaves Provo tomorrow.  He flies to Dallas, then Miami and then down to Dominican Republic.  He will spend some time in the MTC there for a few weeks and then he will be in the mission field.  Woo Hoo!!  We are excited for you, Dale.

2 comments:

Jourdan & Daniel said...

So Proud of Dale.....My hubby went to the dominican republic mission....Love you all and miss you guys!

Grout Family said...

Ok, this is Mom and I made a mistake on this blog. Dale will NOT be in the MTC in the DR. He spent his MTC time in Provo. He stayed in the mission home last night. As of today, he is in the mission field working and I am sure struggling with Spanish. We got to talk to him yesterday on the phone. He called from the Dallas airport on his way down to the DR. He's excitement came bursting through the phone. It was way fun to hear him. I am cherishing it up in my heart. Love you all, MOM