2010 Branson Reunion

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our old Bunk Bed

I thought everyone would like to see our old bunk bed.  Mom got this bed from Grandma Jarvis and Grandma got it from her Mom.  So my kids are the fourth generation to use this bed.  I remember playing on it in Florida. (and of course in the little white house too) Mom originally gave it to Marie but they didn't want to fix it and sand it down and she is a little scared of it too I think because of a traumatizing indecent when she was young.  We made it very sturdy though so that won't happen to our kids.  She is pretty sad that we painted it. (sorry Marie)  I am really glad she gave it to me, I really like it white.  I would have loved to paint that little rocking chair white to match the bed and the rest of the furniture but I just couldn't do it.  


5 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute! I am sure the girls love the room. :)

keithandjanet said...

It really is cute and I am glad that someone is using it. I love everyone and glad to see the posts on the blog. Love, Mom

Grout Family said...

I think it looks great! Glad it is being used again!

Carolann Moak said...

I think it looks great, the only problem I have with painting furniture white is what do you do with that family heirloom when painted furniture is out and wood is back in? Besides that it is really hip right now and I think it looks beautiful. Kinda hard to give it up, but sometimes in life you just have to give things up for your own sanity. I am glad it isnt just sitting in our garage and David's closet anymore.

Carolann Moak said...

and the above post is by Marie but someone must have used my computer and never logged out.