2010 Branson Reunion

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Basrah Iraq Earth Quake

Just a quick note to tell you about the earth quake we had last night, it was a 5.3 that hit around 1:15 AM. I was lying in my bed (I couldn’t sleep) and I began to fill everything moving I hadn’t heard any shelling or bombing. It felt like what I have heard a earth quake fills like, but I figured there is nothing but sand hear, how could it be an earth quake? I thought it was just a head spin or something and I just tried to ignore it, then this afternoon someone asked if any of us felt it. There was no one hurt and no damage, I may be losing my mind but at least I’m not imagining things.
I love all of you,Dad

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to know you are safe. That sound like something I do not want to experience! Love you, Mom/Grandma

Grout Family said...

that is kind of funny! I would have thought the same thing though. Glad it wasnt a bad one! love ya dad

Anonymous said...

Oh the experiences you are having over there. It is nice to know you aren't a "dizzy" blonde

Glenda Adams said...

haha thats what u think dad!!! we all know ur crazy and losing ur mind!!! just kidding i love ya dad!

keithandjanet said...

That is amazing. I bet that wasn't an experience you thought you would have there. I guess anything can happen.
Love ya,
Janet