2010 Branson Reunion

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jarvisis new room



This is Jarvis's new room. We had to redo it because we gave Randy and Sadie our old bedroom set. So I went ahead and did the safari thing. It took awhile to think of Safari things that you could put into a kids room, without it breaking or getting real torn up. The trunk in this picture I found at a garage sale for $5. It was painted all white and was nasty looking....so I spent 2 days sanding and repainting it. I LOVE it now though. I also made the curtains (they match the bed stuff I made.
This is a dresser I found at a garage sale. It matches his bed and rocker!! YEA! It was just what I was looking for.
And here is the Bed set I made...I made the comforter, bed skirt, sheets (fitted sheet too, I was excited about that) and pillow case. I also made the lamp. Im not sure what it was....but I drilled a hole through it and put a lamp thing through it, then a put leaves on the shade. I am pretty freakin excited about he whole room...because it was all from garage sales for real cheap.


the rest of us are doing good. I am pretty excited to find out my friend Dannett is moving back, Trevor is too (about Tom coming back). They are going to stay with us until they find a place.

8 comments:

Grout Family said...

There you go mom! Love ya

keithandjanet said...

Dad says,
You do really awesome Jewel, and it is cool that you did it with so little money. I’m glad to hear you are all doing well, and that your friends are moving back. You should have put my grandson in his room for photos, I love seeing your work, but if Jarvis would have been in the photos too, they would have been priceless. Keep taking live by the horns, your merely staying alive if you don’t.
I love ya,
Dad

Ashley said...

Wow Jewel you are so good. We just finished Gentry's room and well I made a few things but not like the bedding and all that. I wish I could have.... I think Nickle did more work in there than I did. He wanted it to be perfect for her.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Way to go! Thats awesome! That was a steal of a deal on that trunk it looks wonderful! I think one of my favorite things is the lamp. WAY TO GO!

Justin and Marie Chapman Family said...

Cool. I think you just wanted an good excuse to redecorate that is why you sold your nursery set, (I would have too) love ya, you do awesome work.
Marie

Grout Family said...

thanks everyone!

keithandjanet said...

Hey you guys,
Like I told you on the phone, I am very excited about this. You are a decorating genius.
Love,
Mom

Carolann Moak said...

jewel, that looks awsome, i cant believe you did all of that since i have been there. when you were talking about the lamp and chest, i thought you would never get it done, becouse i would not have. you need to come do my house, not really though becuase i couldnt really be excited to show it off if i had to tell everyone you did it. the sewing also looks great. love you.