
Sat. we went to the temple so that Alex could get his endowments. Justin got to be his escort. Rayn also had his work done and Sveta, Rostic, Dennis, and Tonia were sealed to our family. It was an amazing day. I wanted to tell you a little story about tender mercies. We got to the temple 45 min. before we needed to be there but we went in anyway. I had checked my recommend the night before we left and it was good. So I figured since we get ours done at the same time so was Justin's. Well I was wrong. It was because of the new bar codes Kim Bird replaced his and put his old date on his and Dad replaced mine and put the new date on mine. We didnt think that Justin would be able to go in and we were devastated. We tried calling the bishop to see when he was coming up (it was a ward temple day) but we couldnt get ahold of him. However we did get ahold of the stake president. Yes he was actually at home for once and was going to be home all day. While he was on the phone with him Aunt Melissa saw deb stoll in the temple. Our bishop was in the temple!!! So he came out and did an interview with Justin, then he called the stake president and did a phone interview and got a new one. He did this all in time to take Alex through and have time to spare. It was as though the Lord had said Dont worry about it and dropped a new recommend right in his lap. I felt the Lord's love for us so strong. He had set everything in motion to make sure that Justin could get in for an unforgetable day in his families history. My testimony has grown in leaps and bounds since our family members have passed on. There have been times were you could almost reach out and touch the Spirit. I am so greatful for my blessing of the truth and of my forever families. I love you guys so much.
Marie
3 comments:
This is very neat thing and yes, I think it was a tender mercy. I am sure he(the Lord) enjoyed watching as it all unfolded that day.
Love,
Mom
Wow! That is so cool! You just have to love those tender mercies huh? I cant believe that! That is to awesome!
That happened to us in April when we took Marshall to receive his endowment. Someone made the comment to me about the Lord putting things in place to compensate for our mistakes like he did for Martin Harris when he lost the 116 pages of manuscript that Joseph had translated. Then he said "Kind of makes you feel bad to realize the Lord had to put things in place to make up for your mistakes, doesn't it?"
He was just kidding around with me, but quite frankly, it doesn't make me feel bad. It makes me feel that My Father in Heaven loves me so much that he makes sure things are in place when I'm worthy of those blessings. You two were both worthy too. You needed to be there IN the temple, not just out on the temple grounds. Our Father does love us immensely, doesn't He?
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment