2010 Branson Reunion

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chapman Update

I don't know why but I can not download any pictres to the blog I have been trying for about 2 or 3 months now. So I give up. I even had David's Violin Recital recorded for you but it would not download. So I will just tell you a little about what is going on with us. We just got back from spending 5 days in OK with the Grouts. We had a ton of fun. We went to the dionsaur museume, had a picnic, a BBQ, went yard saling, watched a lot of stupid movies (one almost every night, we only saw one that wasn't to bad), went to the temple, went to Texas Road House, and the YMCA to work out, and then the guys played basketball one morning, and ate to much junk food (Jewellyn and I made up a recipe together for stuffed french toast, YUMMY), and over all just had a great time being together.
Thanks to Glenda who babysat so we could go on a double date to the temple and Texas Road House.
On the way home we drove through Joplin. I have never seen anything so destroyed. At one point you could look all the way around you and see nothing but absolute destruction. It really was like something you would see in the movies, or news footage from the other side of the world. As we drove through we saw Hobby Lobby, it barely looked scratched, while all around it was demolished, even the store attached at the end of the building. I found that very intresting because Hobby Lobby is always closed on Sundays. I dont think that the tornado was a punishment for those who were effected by it by any means (I mean we even lost the stake center), but I do think that the Lord blessed them for keeping the commandment to make Sunday His day.
We read a book as a family almost the whole way there and back (at least 6 of those hours anyway) It was called Hank the Cowdog. If any of you want a humorous book to read that is a good one. Even Justin and I were laughing and there are tons more of them in the series. We will be reading more of those for sure.
We are still working on finishing this schol year off, I thought we would do school all year, but man have we ever started slacking. We are almost finished with all the things that we wanted to finish for the year, so that kinda makes it easier to slack. I am so proud of my kids and how hard they both work.
Justin and I are just the same as always doing good and still very much in love. Oh, ya, I got a new calling, I am the ward chorister. It is a new challenge for me, but not a ton of work.
So to sum it all up life truely is great.

4 comments:

Keith said...

Good to hear you had so much fun in OK. Now as for school year round, which sounds like as much fun as Christmas every other year, there are some pros to it (think how much you could save), but I don’t think they outweigh the cons. So don’t beat yourself up for slacking a little during the summer months, you have your dad’s support.
Love ya,
Dad

Grout Family said...

Wow! I didnt think we did that much! It was a lot of fun! Im glad you guys could come!

Justin and Marie Chapman Family said...

wow I never thought of that Dad, Christmas every other year. What an awesome idea. I might live a decade longer from the stress I will save. The money is a plus too. Yep I am for sure going to do that one. Okay so maybe not I love it as much as the little kids if not more.
And Yea Jewel it was that much fun. thank you.

keithandjanet said...

It is wonderful to see our children staying such good friends. That is a true blessing. I think our children, the ones they have married, and our Grandchildren are extraordinarily super duper special. Thank you to all of you for the wonderful examples you are.
I love you all dearly,
MOM