2010 Branson Reunion

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Restoring Honor




We just got home from the Restoring Honor Rally in Washington DC. I am so glad that we went, the trip was perfect and so enjoyable. Mom watched the David and Taylor for us and we took off with Millie. I just posted a bunch of pictures on FB if you want to see more. But I also posted this :I want to make it clear to everyone, you may not see me out and about restoring honor to our country but I promise you, I am doing my part each day by staying home and teaching my children what Honor is and how important that it is to have. I personally beleive there is not a better place to restore honor to our country then from the home. This is how I feel and I plan to raise one of the great leaders of tomorrow. (it may not be in our country or for a large amount of people but I hope they will be honorable leaders, wherever they lead). I thought a lot about you Dad, and how much you would have loved to have been there. Just know this, you are already doing what the rally was all about, you are honorable. Thanks for being our Dad and for doing what is right even when it isnt easy. Thank you Mom for staying home and teaching us to do the same thing. You are someone to honor too. I feel like all of you are. I love you all very much and am proud to be a member of this family.

7 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks Marie,
I am glad the trip was so good, I wish you didn’t have to take it so fast; as good as it was it would have been better. Thank you for your respect, but you need to know that what your Mom did, and what you are doing is far more honorable than what I am doing. It doesn’t take any honor to do something that is easy. Staying home to teach, inspire, and mentor your children is much harder to do than what I am doing. I am proud of you and your sisters for your sacrifices’, you are right you are doing the honorable thing.
I love ya,
Dad

Justin and Marie Chapman Family said...

Thanks Dad, I know that the world and Satan do everything they can to make us feel like we are lazy and putting our lives on hold and not accomplishing our dreams, but this is my life it isnt on hold (I personaly dread the day my baby leaves home), and this is my dream, as for being lazy, I know I am sometimes but if I am being the good mom and wife that I should be there is absolutly nothing lazy about it. by the way Ashley you are one of the sisters he is talking to you too.

Keith said...

Yes Ashley you are one of the sisters I am talking about, I hope you feel close enough to our family to know that I feel like you are as much my daughter as any of my other 5. While I am on the subject, all 6 of my sons better know they are equal in my eyes too.
Nough said?

Ashley said...

Thanks! Just wish we could be around more. October will be a fun time!!

Grout Family said...

Cool...I forgot Glen Beck was a mormon! Sounds like you guys had a fun time!

Glenda Adams said...

cool pics! that looks like fun!

keithandjanet said...

Does my heart good to read your blogs and your comments. I am so grateful for you all and the lives and examples you are to me. I am truly blessed. Thank you and I love all of you, MOM