2010 Branson Reunion

Monday, July 25, 2011

Kauai

.
Something like 85% of Kauai is unreachable by road.  The only way to see it is to hike the island, or fly.  We got to do the later.  Here is us in front of the helicopter that took us to see the island.

Here is daddy and Gentry just before take off.

 This is waimea canyon.  Mark Twain called it the grand canyon of the pacific.
 This is the Na Pali coast.  It is in a lot of movies.  It was beautiful, and we got to see it from such a cool angle.

 There is something like 400 inches of rain a year on some parts of Kauai.  That along with the landscape makes for a lot of waterfalls.  The second ones here are from inside of the crated that formed Kauai.  There were something like 19 waterfalls that go into the crater.  



This last picture shows you what kind of view we had.  Gentry was given skittles so she would pop her ears chewing on them.  After we got back to the landing pad, we relized that she had tried to throw most of them out the window.  They ended up in a pile under her seat.

2 comments:

Grout Family said...

can I say JEALOUS!!!! These pictures are amazing!!!!!!!!! I cant imagine what being there was like!

Keith said...

I think I would like to hike in and stay a few days.