I thought I would share with all of you what you would have to deal with here in Afghanistan if you had to pick thistle. This is one crazy wicked plant even if you didn’t have to deal with the Mine Field.
For those who don’t know, when Marie was putting together a package for me at Christmas time David brought her his Tommy and told her that he thought Grandpa needed it. I will be taking care of Tommy for a couple more months until I return home, I carry him everywhere I go. I prefer pictures with someone special in them, so I put Tommy in these.
Tommy also gives you some comprehension of the size of these plants, but these small pictures don’t show much detail. I fixed that by loading them in full resolution so you could download and see how wicked they are. Just right click on the photo and save it to your desktop then open it and zoom in.
I miss you all tons,
Dad
4 comments:
Grandpa, Hope those thistles make yours seem less of a burden. Thank you for sharing the pictures,Keith. I don't think I would want to pick thistle in that field anyway.
Love,
Mom Janet
That is cute that David gave you his thomas train. Those are some nasty plants!
Man, thistles are nasty plants. God wasnt kidding when he said to Adam "Cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of they life; Thorns also and THISTLES shall it bring forth to thee.." He made sure they were EVERYWHERE. Thanks for the thomas pictures David will be excited.
im glad i didn't have the thistles to deal with where i was at. the mines, yes... the thistles, no...
Post a Comment