2010 Branson Reunion

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gentry is a sweet heart

I just wanted to share a story with you guys about Gentry.  Ashley told this to me last night on the phone.
Ashley has been having trouble getting Gentry to eat her dinner.  Gentry waits till bedtime and decides that she is hungry.  Poor Ashley was trying everything the other day to get her to eat.  She told Gentry that she couldn't have anything else to eat.  Ashley left Gentry's plate on the table till Gentry decided that she was hungry.  When Gentry decided she was ready to eat, Ashley told her that her plate was on the table and to eat that.  Gentry cried that she didn't want that.  She even tried to get a bag of chips without being caught.  Ashley caught her and told her no.  Anyway, Ashley couldn't get her to eat for anything.  Gentry is so stuborn.  Ashley went and sat on the couch and put her face in her hands because she was tired.  Gentry went up to her and asked her what was wrong.  Even though it wasn't really the reason, Ashley told her that she was sad because she wouldn't eat her food.  Gentry patted her on the head and said, "it is ok mom".  Then she went and ate her chicken.  Gentry is stuborn, but she is also a big sweet heart and really cares about how others feel.  I love both of my girls so much.  I don't know if ya'll like the story as much as me, but i thought it was cute.

6 comments:

Carolann Moak said...

I almost cried reading that. It is crazy how much they can touch you by the little things they do. yesterday I was having a lot of problems with kenzie and then marley peed on her bed while i was changing her poopy diaper. i got angry and threw the diaper wipe box across the room and the lid fell off, then i just left the room. i came back in and makenzie had put the lid back on and set it neatly on the bed. I just hugged her and said thank you. but i almost cried to see how much she loved me. and she was very good for the rest of the day.

Keith said...

Thanks for the story Nickle, it is times like these that help us get through the pee stains on our beds. I am glad you and Ashley have the ability to communicate with each other, you both need it, but I know you need it more, at least I know I do. Thank you all for the activity on the blog the last couple of days, I know you all have busy lives back home, but it sure helps close the distance between us when I can read and see what is happening in your lives.
Love ya,
Dad

Justin and Marie Chapman Family said...

She kinda sounds like her Daddy. That is exactly what you are like Nickle, stuborn but very kind hearted.

Alan and LaDawn said...

i was going to say the same thing as marie! That is so weird! haha, but true. Carolann, I miss you and your girls!Just look what I have to look forward to.

Grout Family said...

Um, WOW! That girl has Adams written all over her! That is a cute story!

keithandjanet said...

Fun post. I love the blog. Sure helps us stay in contact with each other. Love you all, MOM