2010 Branson Reunion
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
To Take Sorrow Out of Death Is to Take Love Out of Life
I am sure you all know what my Chapman family has had to go through the past few weeks. I really miss my sister Willa. I didnt know her as well as I know all you, but she was and still is a remarkable woman, a person worth striving to be like. I still can't beleive that I won't hear her laugh or ask to hold Millie again in this life. I could go on about Willa for a while and tell you stories I remember about her, and stories I have heard about her since she passed that make me admire her even more. But that is not the reason I bring this all up. I really just want to say, be kind to your sweethearts, try really really hard not to yell at your kids (trust me it is hard I know) play with them, never leave a loved one mad. It is true that it could be the last time you get to see them in this world. 3 times now I have seen someone I loved walk around fine and healthy and the next week they arent here anymore. I miss them all very much I love them all very much the pain I feel is very deep. I know that it is even deeper for those who where closer and that someday I will have to say good bye to someone I am even closer to and the pain will be deeper. However, when Justin's Dad died Mom said "I wish I could take this pain from you guys" I said, "I am glad you can't because the only way you could is to take the love that we have for him away too." And although this has been hard, my testimony has exploded. I know that the Lord loves me, and all of us. I know that Families are forever. How much more important is the marriage of Carl and Willa now because they got sealed in the temple, if they had not their marriage would be over and they would not be a forever family, those sweet little girls would not get to be with their mommy again. I love the temple. I love the peace that it brings to me and my life. The gospel has made this trial a strength to me. I want you all to know how very much you mean to me. I love you all so very much. I am so glad that Mom and Dad were also sealed in the temple so that our family will be together forever too. You don't know what that means until you have to say good bye for a time. If you havent been married in the temple yet, make sure that you dont have it any other way. I know this is more like rambling on, but it is from my heart and I come to you in my time of heartache because I love you and know that you will help me carry my burdens you already have done so much, especially you Dad, thanks for that talk the day she passed away it helped so very very much. I love you all with all my heart. And dont forget Familes really truely are forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey marie, sorry that things have been rough for you guys. wish i could be there for you. i am glad that you are able to grow from the experience. you are a good example of what i should be like. i love you and miss you tons. tell justin that i feel for him and his family too. hard times make us grateful for the ones that are dear to us.
I am glad I could be there for you Marie. There are few days that go by that I don’t think of the communication systems we have now, and what a blessing they are for me over here. Thank you for being such a good example for all of us.
Love ya,
Dad
Thanks marie
Post a Comment