When we travel to any of our jobs we go through the desert, the roads are not to safe (IEDs). Coming back from one of the jobs the other day we stopped (which only happens when we are in the middle of nowhere) and handed out toys and shoes to these Iraqi children. It was memorable.
I had to take a pitcher of this, it is a very common house out here (some are worse). See the satellite dish? Makes our redneck jokes not so funny, doesn’t it. See the ditch on the left? That is the sewer line.
And this is the awesome view I have of Iraq from my office window; I get to look at it 12 hours a day. On the plus side, you can see how safe they keep me. The huscos and sand bags are around everything.I sure miss all of you, thank you for all your support. I’ll see some of you in June.
Love ya,
Dad
4 comments:
Interesting pictures.It is amazing how poor the people are in Iraq.
Great view from you window. Bet you will never forget that one.
Love ya,
Mom(Janet)
it's good to be able to actually see the good that goes on there, when all you hear about is the bad. seriously, those pictures make me feel guilty for some of the things i have complained about lately. It's good to know they keep you safe, but at the same time...seeing those freaks me out for you. we love you dad
We really are blessed to live in America even if we have a stupid election going on right now at least we can have a stupid election! We all love and miss you Keith. (and pray for you.) Dale is over here today helping Grandpa get the boats out of the lake and back in the lake after repairs. (I think Grandpa is ready for summer!)
Just leaving a note to let dad know I have been on here! It is funny because I have seen all these pictures and I have not got on here for a little while (I cant stand how slow moms computer is) Mom likes to print of the pictures to show everyone! Looks like you are having guite the adventure! I miss you and hope I will make it back to see you in June.
Post a Comment