We took the two kids up to St. Louis with us this week. It was Willard temple day. We thought about going up just the two of us but we had already told them that we were going and they were really excited. So when Carolann offered to watch them for us we asked them if they would rather go to St. Louis with us or spend the night with Kenzie. Taylor was all for a slumber party, but there was no way David was giving up a trip to St. Louis. So we left on Thurs. day and we stopped at the candy store on the way up then we stopped at the mall to get me a few new clothes (nothing is fitting me right now, cause my tummy is growing so much)and we ate at the food court (YUCK) then we went to the hotel. The kids ended up sleeping in until almost 9:30. Can you beleive that, that was an extra 2 plus hours more then they usually do.
When we went to the temple, Veeka Chapman watched the kids for us, so we decided just to do sealings rather then having her watch them for several hours. We only got to do one sealing though because I almost passed out and made quite the excitement in the sealing area of the temple. I guess when I am pregnant that is one job I should pass on in the temple. But I felt really strong that it wasnt a waste of a trip up there.
We got a really cute family picture in front of the temple and if my computer will ever let me post them again I will post it on the blog.
Mom and Dad took us to a mangolian BBQ on the way home. It was so fun to hang out with them a little and it was so awesome of them to take us to dinner. Oh yea we went to the bishops storehouse before we left St. Louis and we got 200 lbs of white wheat and a bunch of other stuff for our food storage for only 80 dollars. When I got home I looked to see how much the white wheat is from where we usually buy it and for 25 lbs we would have paid $20.75. With the bishops storehouse it was only $5 and something cents. Isnt the church wonderful. When the prophet asks us to do something they do everything in their power to make it easier for us to do. I love the church so much. And even though I didnt get to spend a lot of time in the temple Fri. I still feel so renewed and want to be a better person cause of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment