This is me in front of the ziggurat of UR. It has been documented to be the oldest building still standing on earth.
This arch is believed to be the oldest man made arch on earth.
And this is a tomb in the royal cemetery close by.
And this is me standing on the walls of Abraham’s house. You can see the base in the background, along with a Marine helicopter. It was a fun morning. When I got back to base, I found out that I was going to be sent to the Basrah office to work. They have a major work load and need my experience there. I will stay in Tallil for a couple more days; I’ll let you all know when it happens.
8 comments:
This is interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Janet
Way cool! What an experience you are haing. So much of the Old Testament history took place near where you are. It would be more fun if you were sharing it with Janet first hand instead of via email but still , WAY COOL! Love you, Grandma
That is reallyl awesome Dad, did you ever think that you would see those places.
dang i wish i were there with you, it looks like it is more than you expected it to be over there...is it?
This is glenda...
THats freaking cool!! is the place ur working in going to give u less chances of getting good offers after ur done???
How exciting. Being able to visit ancient history is way different that reading about it in some book (like the "OLD" Testament). That's way cool you get to see all those places.
I heard on the news today that fighting has broken out in Bosra [or how ever you spell it] Are you still going there?
Wow that is cool! I can't say how jealous I am that you got to see the zuggurat of UR!!!! Thanks for putting up pictures!
Post a Comment